This is a list of responsibilities for the local Reformers Unanimous secretary. The role of the secretary is very important, yet often overlooked or taken for granted. Of course, this is just a template. Adjustments can be made to meet the needs of your chapter. Your Pastor and/or Director may eliminate some of these responsibilities or may add to them. It is important to remember that adequate records can "make or break" a chapter. Keeping records current (addresses and phone numbers) will not always be easy, but will always be necessary in keeping good correspondence with your students.
1. The secretary sets up RU Book table with an adequate supply of materials to be made available for the students.
2. The secretary has the bulletins, prayer cards, weekly attendance sheets, score cards, and 2-3-4 plans ready for the night. The bulletins are given to the person who is greeting people at the door.(These include the prayer cards and score cards.) The weekly attendance sheets are placed in a prepared location for leaders to pick up if they need them. Many of them will have blank ones already in their leader's manuals. The 2-3-4 Plans should be ready to be distributed during the 2nd talk.
3. Prepare the Overcomer packets and have them ready for 2nd talk. This includes the Overcomer, a pencil, RU brochure, and business card of director. There are Beginner's class envelopes made just for these items.
4. Prepare a folder for each group. In that folder place the following items to pass onto each leader: a) this week’s 2-3-4 plan, b) announcement sheet from the director to the leaders that will offer communication from him, c) 300 club review sheet, and d) BAM report.
5. Use the 300 club/awards sheet to enter in information into the software program and print the awards list for that night. Remember to print the 300 club award the last night of each month. One this sheet is printed, awards can be gathered and organize for distribution.
6. Collects offering from ushers and prepares for deposit. (The Rockford secretary turns into church who deposits it into RU account.)
7. Place copies of the Pastors' Report on Pastor's desk or in his box before leaving church on Friday night. This will keep the Pastor informed of all that took place on Friday night and help it to stay "fresh" on his mind. (The Pastors' report template can be obtained here.)
8. Display your postcards for leaders to get each week to send to their student. You could also put them inside of their folder and they will return them should a student be present that night and no further action needed.
Saturday or Monday:
1. Print the Pastors' Report from the template and fax it to the RUI headquarters at 815-986-0462 or email it here here. This is to help us help you! Through this report, we can produce statistics and reports that will help your local chapter in the eyes of your local authorities. It also helps the International Director to see chapters who are struggling and may need encouragement or help.
2. Print our next week’s reports for the leaders’ folder and give the director a copy of each of them on Sunday to review.
3. Writes a letter from the director to the visitors(form letter – just mail merge.)
4. When writing visitor's letter, print a map with directions to their home using Google Maps. Give this to the director so he can follow up with a visit.
5. Help the director with any orders that need to be placed through RU. This includes awards, curriculum, apparel, etc. The secretary sets up the book table and prepares the awards, so she should keep a "build-to" list to make sure that items are available for students. (Trust me…you don't want to tell a student that you are out of any particular award!! I have had to be on the bad end of that deal!)
· The RU Secretary prepares the certificates and awards for those who earned the 300 Club award. This is for those who averaged 75 points each week during the month. (The Fast Track software will help you with this information.)
· Mailings for special services (i.e. 4th of July, Christmas party, etc.)